Your Artificial Grass Installation Options – Types, Benefits, and Why to Shop with Us
Gardening is relaxing and fun, but for those who don’t want to put up with lawn maintenance, an artificial grass installation from our range is ideal! Hard, plastic-looking turf is a thing of the past – today’s technology means that synthetic lawns are visually appealing, and realistic, and create a beautiful atmosphere within one’s backyard. If you are looking for a lush, green lawn that looks great during every season, artificial grass will spare you the hassle often associated with a live lawn. Understanding your options is vital in making an informed choice for your installation, and we at Top Carpets and Floors can assist you with this information and how to get a quote on your lawn today.
Choosing the Right Type of Artificial Grass Installation
The kind of installation you choose comes down to your needs as a property owner since artificial grass is generally made from three types of materials. The first is nylon. It is the most durable type and handles hot and cold climates well. Nylon grass can withstand heavy foot traffic and remains ideal for areas with lots of activity, such as places where children and pets play a lot. It may feel slightly stiffer, but this typically depends on your chosen product. The second type is polyethylene grass. Polyethylene is known for its luxuriously soft texture and natural appearance, giving homeowners that true-to-grass underfoot feel. Unlike nylon, which may sometimes absorb water, polyethylene is non-porous but still maintains superb performance over the seasons. The third material used is polypropylene, which is the most cost-effective. Depending on the product, polypropylene may not last as long as other materials, but it is ideal for temporary installations or smaller budgets in areas without much foot traffic.
The Kinds of Homes that Benefit Most from Artificial Grass
An artificial grass installation is a versatile solution for various properties and lifestyles. While some people do prefer caring for a live lawn, other homeowners may find that synthetic turf benefits their home, such as in the case of:
- Busy Family Homes: Households with active members that include children or animals can benefit from an artificial grass installation. It provides a safe, clean, and low-maintenance play area for kids and pets to play and have fun.
- Smaller Properties: Homeowners with limited outdoor space can create a green and inviting environment with artificial grass – even on an apartment balcony situated within a busy city.
- Holiday Homes: Vacation homes are only occupied during specific times of the year, and if they are located far away from the main house, upkeep and maintenance can be difficult. A synthetic lawn means that your yard is still pristine while you are not on holiday.
- Eco-Conscious Households: Artificial grass reduces water consumption as well as air pollution from petrol lawn mowers or power usage from electric lawnmowers, and it also removes the need for herbicides, pesticides, or other chemicals.
- On-the-Go Professionals: An artificial grass installation saves money and time, and for those who can’t spare several hours a week to tend to a lawn, it’s a superb investment.
Looking for an artificial grass installation? Shop with us! The benefits of our range are endless, and you can expect top performance, durability, and low maintenance for years to come. Click here to learn more about our offerings or request a quote.