1. Using a spoon scrape up as much of the spill as possible.
2. Use paper towels to soak up any excess residue.
3. Apply baby powder liberally and leave to absorb more of the spill.
4. After 1 hour use suction vacuum to remove powder.
5. Apply a solution of lukewarm water (NOT HOT) and a teaspoon of sunlight liquid to remove any remainder of the oil.
6. Rinse with fresh water and suction with wet & dry vacuum until all solutions are removed.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 if necessary.
8. Alternatively/in addition to 5 you can use a 50/50 solution of white vinegar & warm water.
9. Also, Ammonia may be used as an alternative to white vinegar/warm water.
10. With any form of wet application, use a fan directly on the affected area to speed up drying.
11. Should a slight residue remain after the above then consider these additional options:
I. On a clean cloth apply Rubbing Alcohol or Trichloroethylene onto the affected area and rinse as per 6.
II. Apply 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and leave standing for 1 hour
III. If none above works consult a professional carpet cleaner.